[BEXIS2-Users] How tos for BEXIS 2 Admins #1

bexis2-users at listserv.uni-jena.de bexis2-users at listserv.uni-jena.de
Mi Mär 17 08:26:46 CET 2021

Dear all,

We would like to reactivate this list for questions and solutions
related to the usage and administration of BEXIS 2. As you all know we
continuously try to improve the usability for you as admins as well.
However, we cannot implement all the wishes and needs immediately. As an
interim solution, I would like to start to share some how-tos, which can
be used to fix things directly in the database.

Please *never try without a current backup* of your database! *Never run
DELETE without* checking the resulted data by *SELECT before*.

It's maybe also a good reminder to check, if your daily database backup
is running ;-)

*1.**How to change dataset from checkedOut to checkedIn *

    Due to several reasons it can happen that datasets remain in a
    CheckedOut state after an error occurred. If you know why it
    happened, it is often not serious and you can set the dataset back
    to CheckedIn.

    https://github.com/BEXIS2/Core/wiki/How-to-change-dataset-from-checkedOut-to-checkedIn-(in-DB)
    <https://github.com/BEXIS2/Core/wiki/How-to-change-dataset-from-checkedOut-to-checkedIn-(in-DB)>

*2.**How to delete a Metadata version *

    Sometimes changes in metadata need or should be deleted and not kept
    in the version history.

    https://github.com/BEXIS2/Core/wiki/How-to-delete-a-Metadata-version-(in-DB)
    <https://github.com/BEXIS2/Core/wiki/How-to-delete-a-Metadata-version-(in-DB)>

*3.**How to change selected Data Structure*

    It often happens user asks to change the type (tabular/file) or the
    data structure. This is under certain circumstances possible without
    any problems. Please keep in mind the selected data structure it not
    under version control.

    https://github.com/BEXIS2/Core/wiki/How-to-change-selected-Data-Structure-(in-DB)
    <https://github.com/BEXIS2/Core/wiki/How-to-change-selected-Data-Structure-(in-DB)>

On behalf of the BEXIS 2 developer Team,

Franziska Zander

--
Dipl.-Geogr. Franziska Zander
Research data manager

Friedrich Schiller University of Jena
Leutragraben 1, Jentower, D-07743 Jena, Germany
phone: 		+49 3641 9464 45
project:	http://www.biodiversity-exploratories.de