[BEXIS2-Dev] BEXIS 2.12 RC1 ready for testing

bexis2-dev at listserv.uni-jena.de bexis2-dev at listserv.uni-jena.de
Mi Jul 25 18:12:23 CEST 2018

Dear all,

BEXIS 2.12 Release Candidate 1 is now ready for testing and we invite
everyone to help in fine tuning the application before the release.
Tentative release date is 31/08/2018.

The application is available at:
http://bx2test.inf-bb.uni-jena.de:2001/

(within FSU network only)

1) First, create your own account (register) in BEXIS 2 and grant
yourself all required feature permissions.

2) Login to GitHub: https://github.com/BEXIS2/Core/issues to see test
cases and report issues

*What to test:*

NOTE: for this RC1, please focus on functional testing and ignore UI
issues (design, naming, missing descriptions, etc.); focus on CRUD
operation on data sets/data structures/data types/variable templates

Option 1: select an issue in GitHub that has the label:"Status: Testing
Required"
Option 2: choose one of the Test Scenarios and perform a test listed in
there

*Reporting issues:*

To report an issue/bug, create an issue in *GitHub *and provide the
following information:

- enter a meaningful title
- in the description field:
    - specify the issue
    - specify how you found the issue (steps to reproduce)
    - specify system info (e.g. database type, browser)
- add labels:
    - e.g. 2.12. RC1;
    - Priority
    - Type
- add milestone: 2.12.0/4 Release

During the release period we will have a daily stand-up meeting at 9:30
am in the Telco room. Feel free to join for further discussion.

Many thanks for your help!
Roman

--

Roman Gerlach
Head of Research Data Management Helpdesk

Visiting address:
Leutragraben 1, Jentower 17N04, Jena (Germany)

+49-(0)3641-948968
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-5104-4247
http://www.researchdata.uni-jena.de/
http://bexis2.uni-jena.de/