[BEXIS2-Dev] BEXIS 2 data managers/coordinators meetin - follow up

bexis2-dev at listserv.uni-jena.de bexis2-dev at listserv.uni-jena.de
Mi Mär 7 11:47:04 CET 2018

Dear all,

if you wonder what happened to the users stories we collected during the
meeting on January 26, 2018, here is our proposed schedule. The good
news is, most of the highly demanded features are schedule for the next
release. The tentative date for the next release (BEXIS 2.12) is end of
June 2018. Please let us know if that works for you, and whether there
is anything that cannot wait until then.

(We were hoping to refer you to GitHub already, but the migration from
TFS to GitHub is still ongoing. So Google Doc need to suffice once more.
FYI: At the end of last year we decided to move completely to GitHub
(code & issue/task management) to be more transparent and more open for
contribution)

for full details:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yrhDyXG8lxkKla6_DRxv-K4PcFW46EEeXRuomHctsWE/edit#

in summary:

Sprint 76 (March 2018)
User Stories: 1, 18, 2, 4, 7, 13

Sprint 77 (April 2018)
User Stories: 1, 6, 14, 15, 19, 21, + integration of GFBio Terminology
Server

Sprint 78 (May 2018)
User Stories: 5, 12, 17

Sprint 79 (June 2018)
Testing

The are a some user stories not scheduled here which we would like to
see as contribution from the following projects:

AquaDiva:
User stories: 8, 9, 10

Biodiv. Exploratories
User stories: 3, 11, 16

Depending on their availability and scheduling, these feature may be
included in Release 2.12.

FYI: This schedule is based on: a) the priorities you specified, b) our
envisaged solution, c) our estimation of the effort to implement the
solution, d) availability of the development team. Please note that this
schedule is rather ambitious, given the fact, that some solutions need
further investigation and specification, plus we are working parallel on
the improvement of our internal procedures (e.g. implementing unit testing).

Now it's your turn: please let us know what you think, either by email
or by commenting in the google doc.

Many thanks,
Roman

--

Roman Gerlach
Head of Research Data Management Helpdesk

Visiting address:
Leutragraben 1, Jentower 17N04, Jena (Germany)

+49-(0)3641-948968
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-5104-4247
http://www.researchdata.uni-jena.de/
http://bexis2.uni-jena.de/