[BEXIS2-Dev] How to build Bexis?

bexis2-dev at listserv.uni-jena.de bexis2-dev at listserv.uni-jena.de
Fr Feb 23 12:35:30 CET 2018

Hi,

I am searching for a documentation on how to build Bexis 2. What is needed to build bexis? I have installed Visual Studio 2017 Community and checked out the code. I have opened the project and tried to execute BExIS.Web.Shell via the debugger. First it complained that I don’t have a PostSharp License. I have solved this by requesting a license for PostSharp and install it.

Now if I want do debug BExIS.Web.Shell it opens the Browser and I just get and exception
[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Vaiona.Web.Mvc.Modularity.ModuleInitializer.loadEntryAssembly(DirectoryInfo moduleDir, DirectoryInfo moduleBinFolder) +414

[Exception: Module SAM does not have the proper structure! No bin folder or no entry assembly was found.]
   Vaiona.Web.Mvc.Modularity.ModuleInitializer.loadEntryAssembly(DirectoryInfo moduleDir, DirectoryInfo moduleBinFolder) +1646
   Vaiona.Web.Mvc.Modularity.ModuleInitializer.Initialize() +1574

Can you please give me a quick howto on building and executing this project with
a) Executing it from Visual Studio
b) Making a release
?

Thank you very much