[BEXIS2-Dev] Default Data Structure

bexis2-dev at listserv.uni-jena.de bexis2-dev at listserv.uni-jena.de
Mo Jan 30 11:56:15 CET 2017

Hello Roman,

there is nothing in the older database that I want to keep, but eventually there must be a way to move from one version to the other without discarding the current database.

Unfortunately, I had a hard time in creating a new working database.
I tried to follow the description in "BEXIS2100_Installation_Manual.pdf":

> 4.1.4.1. Create empty database on PostgreSQL
>
> Open pgAdmin. Double click on the “PostgreSQL 9.3 (localhost: 5432)”. A popup window will open where you need to enter the password for user ‘postgres’. Please enter “1” as the password you defined when you installed PostgreSQL.

I have pgAdmin III, and "Double click on the 'PostgreSQL 9.3 (localhost: 5432)'" has no effect.

In particular, I cannot enter or change a password.

> Then in the Object browser section, Right click on “Databases” node and create a new database. Enter “BEXIS” as a database name.

I dropped the existing "BEXIS" database and created a new one. The owner was automatically set to postgres.

pgAdmin gives me the picture below:

But trying to access bexis2.10 gives the result:

http://bexis2.10/SAM/Account/LogOn?ReturnUrl=%2f

Serverfehler

401 - Nicht autorisiert: Zugriff aufgrund ungültiger Anmeldeinformationen verweigert.
Die angegebenen Anmeldeinformationen berechtigen Sie nicht, dieses Verzeichnis oder diese Seite anzuzeigen.

Since they are connected to the same database, I get the same message from bexis2.9.

Now I changed
	<add key="CreateDatabase" value="true"/>
Web.config.

(It was on "false".  What is the comment there
	<!— Keep it as false, there are some test data in the database—>
in Web.config supposed to mean? Does Bexis come with a predefined database?)

Now I actually get access, can register again.
But I don't have administrative access. I get

Access denied!
Reason: You are not authorized.

for every entry in the admin menu.
Do you have any idea how to fix this?