[BEXIS2-Dev] Default Data Structure

bexis2-dev at listserv.uni-jena.de bexis2-dev at listserv.uni-jena.de
Mi Jan 18 16:11:47 CET 2017

Hello folks,

I might have asked this before, but am not aware of any satisfying answer: are there any predefined metadata and data structures available with BExIS 2, in particular to ease the transfer from BExIS 1 to BExIS 2?
We have about 200 structured and about 600 unstructured datasets in our current BExIS 1 database and want to move to BExIS 2 in the (near) future.

In principle it should be easy to transfer at least the unstructured datasets to BExIS 2, but I don't see the metadata structure required. This should be constructed somehow from the schema definitions used in BExIS 1:
	schema.xsd  which calls
		baseTypes.xsd
		researchObjects.xsd
		dataStructure.xsd
but I am not quite sure how to do this.
Has somebody done this and can provide a suitable schema definition?

And what are the experiences concerning structured datasets?

An additional problem is that I am not able to manage Metadata structures, my BExIS 2.10 tells me

	Access denied!
	Reason: You are not authorized.

Any help would be highly appreciated…

With best regards
Thomas Fischer

--
Thomas Fischer PhD
Research and Development

Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
Niedersächsische Staats- und Universitätsbibliothek Göttingen
D-37070 Göttingen

Papendiek 14  (Historical Building, Room 2.407)
+49 551 39-33883 (Tel.)
+43 662 621498 (Tel.)
+49 551 39-33856 (Fax)

fischer at sub.uni-goettingen.de